In 2005 Hatched came to life in Jamaica Plain, a small, progressive neighborhood of Boston. We are an independent shop, owned and operated by a longtime JP resident, who also happens to be a mother of two wonderful children.
- Hatched is about:
- Having the largest and best selection of organic fiber clothing for children
- Always thinking about the health of our children and our planet
- Taking time to care for our customers
- Considering the impact of each purchase we make
- Helping our local economy by maintaining a storefront *
- Eco-friendly, creative toys that encourage imagination and laughter
- Doing the right thing
We seek out goods from companies that share our values. They are committed to using organic and eco-friendly materials, to treating their workers well, and manufacturing their goods in a sustainable manner. We make all purchases of toys with your child's safety in mind, and therefore, none of our toy selection for young children is made in China.
Our new showroom was built with sustainable materials, and is solar-powered. We continue to strive for Zero-Waste and use 100% recycled packaging.
* In June of 2020, we closed our JP storefront due to COVID-19 but will be "popping up" again as soon as we can.